Friday, March 11, 2011

Recording Session and Scallops in my dorm room?

My recording session last week went very well! This project is going to be so cool and different. I finally feel like it is taking a direction and becoming more cohesive. Now we just have to follow our instincts and interpret the music as best we can.
It's amazing how songs come to life in the studio. Arrangement ideas kept popping up while we were recording, and I left feeling energized and inspired. I want to really experiment texturally with this album, using layering of timbres instrumentally and vocally. I think it could really end up having a neat sound. (Yes neat seemed like the most appropriate adjective.)

Now for the scallops.

I made this delicious delicious lunch in my microwave! (Pardon the crappy cell phone image, this poor college kid doesn't have a camera.)


Scallops with Plantains, onions, spinach, broccoli and Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos


Here's the Recipe: (very simple)

-1 serving of frozen bay sea scallops (however many you want depending on your hunger)
- 1 medium plantain sliced into rounds
- Some frozen/fresh broccoli florets (I think I ate about a cup)
- A few slices of white onion
- A bunch of spinach
- 1 T Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos (A coconut based sauce that can substitute for soy sauce. I personally like the flavor even better than soy sauce.)
- Olive oil to drizzle

1. Add your frozen scallops and plantain to a microwavable bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and steam for 2-3 minutes.
2. Now add in the broccoli and steam another minute.
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix so the veggies, plantains and scallops are covered in the Coconut Aminos and oil.
4. Cover the bowl once more and steam for 1:30.
5. Enjoy!

Voila! A tasty, healthy meal in less than 15 minutes. That's what I call convenience food at it's best.

No comments:

Post a Comment